This document outlines the basis on which we will provide professional services to you. It should be read in conjunction with any Authority to Act that you have signed. These documents set out the contract between us. If there is any conflict between these terms of Business and the Authority to Act, then the Authority to Act will take precedence.
In this document, ‘you’ means the person who is our client, or if there is more than one person, those persons who together are our client. ‘We/us’ means The Powerline Advisory Group Limited and its successors. ‘Director’ means a Director of The Powerline Advisory Group Limited.
1. Our Role - To identify and secure an appropriate Agreement with the power company due to the presence of electricity equipment at your property.
2. Your Involvement - We will achieve the best results for you if you give us as much information as possible at the outset. Please tell us as soon as you can of any changes in your circumstances, or if you receive new and relevant information.
3. Responsibility - Our Directors play an active part in the management of the work we do for you. Any advice given by us, unless otherwise agreed in writing by us, is solely for your benefit and must be kept confidential to you and other professional advisers working for you. Our advice may not be relied on by you except for the purposes of the matter to which it relates. Our advice may not be used or relied on by any third party without our prior written consent.
4. Communication - We may communicate with you at any postal or e-mail address or telephone number we have for you, unless you ask us to use a particular address or number.
5. Email - Email travels over the public internet and is subject to its shortcomings: once a message has left our server, we cannot guarantee that it will remain confidential nor when or whether, the message will arrive. If you do not want us to communicate by email, whether with you or with others (e.g. other professionals, other advisers or on your behalf at other addresses), please advise the person dealing with your instruction.
7. Data Protection - We are committed to respecting your privacy and the data which we hold about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. Please refer to our policy statement.
8. Clarification - We will explain the issues raised in dealing with your business and will from time to time keep you informed of progress. If you require further information as to the progress, please contact our client support team at email@example.com We aim to provide you with a first-class professional service in a way which gives you confidence and satisfaction. If you have any issues about the work undertaken on your behalf at any stage, please raise them with us.
9. Copyright - All copyright in all documents we produce is owned by us. You may copy any document we produce for you, but you must not modify, reuse or adapt any documents we produce for you without our written agreement. We reserve all our legal rights to be identified as the creator and copyright owner of any document we produce.
10. Our Fees - You are ultimately responsible for the payment of our fees. We have agreed a fee with you as shown on the Authority to Act. In addition, we are entitled to a fee paid by the power company in certain circumstances. The Powerline Advisory Group have the right to collect any money due from the power company and pay the net settlement to the home owner claimant.
11. Invoicing - Arrangements Payment of any Invoice raised is due within 14 days. We reserve the right to charge you interest on the unpaid sum, from the date that the payment became due to the date of final payment in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 and the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002.
12. Claims - You agree that you will not make any claim or take any action personally against any of our Directors or staff. However, this does not alter or reduce any liability that we may have to you. We shall not be liable for any consequential or indirect loss (whether or not it might have been foreseeable at the commencement of the matter).
13. Termination - You may terminate your instructions to us in writing at any time. We will however be entitled to keep all papers and documents while there is money owing to us for our charges and expenses to that date together with any future costs to which we are committed. If we have good reason, for example, if you do not pay an Invoice, or if a conflict of interest arises, we may decide to stop acting for you. Where circumstances permit, we will give you reasonable notice that we cannot continue to act.
14. Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 - For the purpose of section 1(2) of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999, it is agreed that no term of our agreement with you shall be enforceable by a third party.
15. Applicable Law
This agreement between us is governed exclusively by English law.
16. Registered Office
THE POWERLINE ADVISORY GROUP LIMITED is registered in England & Wales with number 12441440. Our registered office is: Corby Enterprise Centre, London Road, Priors Hall, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN17 5EU
The Powerline Advisory Group
Specialists in Powerline Compensation